Monday, January 26, 2009

Somewhere Over The Rainbow...


A few days ago, David Lebovitz had a post on Facebook about a rainbow cake. I didn't get the impression that he was particularly fond of it, but, I thought it was interesting and thought it might be fun to do if you had small children around.

My niece Nicole

is an art teacher, and very creative, and like her aunt,
she loves to cook. I sent her the link to the Omnomicon blog
for how to do a Rainbow Cake, thinking it might be a
good project for her to do for one of her classes.

Nic and her friend Meg took the challange and
made the cake with her cousin Kim's two little girls.


I think they did a great job, even better than the original blog
(of course I am prejudiced), but take a look for yourself.







If you have little children, (and of course you aren't psychotic about food dye; if you are, don't make the cake, but don't complain to me either :)) this could be another one of those great memory making moments.

The best part is, they said that it even tasted good
and that the frosting was awesome!

Thanks and kudos to the Omnomicron blog!

2 comments:

  1. OK, well I have no children but that won't stop me from making this cake. That's really pretty in a surreal sort of way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Nancy, it's for the child in all of us :)

    ReplyDelete