Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Dinner




Oh the weather outside is frightful, the snow is not so delightful, everybody had some place to go, and did it snow, did it snow, did it snow...

It seems so funny not to have a houseful on Christmas Day, but life changes, and people are far away.  This is a small Christmas, but to tell the truth I really enjoyed being with my two boys (but missing my other two).  We visited Aunt Fifi, this morning, and she looked very well. 
Then we came home and the boys and I dipped some chocolate covered strawberries that we kicked up a bit.  They ate some appetizers and wanted to wait for dinner, so it's in the oven as I type this.  

They wanted their two favorite appetizers, Spinach Dip and "Mock Horned Dorset Dip", we had the rest of the shrimp from yesterday, some cheeses and pepperoni, and that was more than enough. 

 I know that Spinach Dip is considered passe, but I have never made it where everyone who eats it hasn't loved it!  Today was no exception, so I will post the recipe for it on the site.  I know they sell it ready made in the stores, but this is so simple, and so much better tasting.  It was adapted from the Knorr's recipe box.  I eliminate the water chestnuts and double the spinach so it is not so loose.

 The Horned Dorset is a restaurant in nearby Leonardsville, New York.  It is out in the middle of nowhere, but once you enter the doors, you would think yo were in New York City.  The food is always outstanding, the service superb, and the atmosphere, warm and welcoming.  They have a signature dip that they always place on the table, and everyone always tries to figure out how to make it.  This is the closet we all have come. The recipe will also be posted here.  There are three ingredients in it, you can do it ahead, and it's good hot, or I like it even better at room temperature or slightly chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment