Saturday, March 21, 2009

Learn to Cook...Take a Cruise???????


My husband is always driving me crazy to go on a cruise.


I must admit as much as I love the water, the thought of
being confined on a ship for a number of days
doesn't really float my boat (no pun intended.)

I am a type A personality on speed,
the thought of my I-phone or my laptop
not working even for a moment sends
me into a state of panic!

In my next life I want to be a computer geek
so I don't have to constantly annoy
my poor, and most patient friend Haris

every waking second of the day!

That being said, I may now be able to be tempted...

Holland America Cruise Lines

are now featuring gourmet chefs on their cruises
as part of their Culinary Arts Center Program,
who are giving cooking lessons.

CNN is reporting the following:

A selection of participating chefs and experts in the continuing 2009 season include:

Oliver Reschreiter, executive chef at the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort in Palm Desert, Calif., sailing on ms Ryndam June 19 -- 26, Alaska.

Lee Hilson, executive chef at the Royal Palms Resort in Phoenix, Ariz., sailing on ms Oosterdam June 24 -- July 6, Mediterranean.

Randy Lewis, executive chef of La Provence in Lacombe, La., sailing on ms Noordam June 28 -- July 8, Mediterranean.

Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough, authors of the "Ultimate" cookbook series sailing on ms Prinsendam July 3 -- 17, British Isles.

Stewart Woodman, executive chef at Heidi’s in Minneapolis, Minn., sailing on ms Maasdam July 18 -- 25, Canada/New England.

Scott Tycer, executive chef at Gravitas in Houston, Texas, sailing on ms Rotterdam Aug. 11 -- 23, Baltic.

Olga Krasnoff, designer of tabletop landscapes, sailing on ms Eurodam Aug. 27 --Sept. 6, Canada/New England.

David McMillan, corporate executive chef of Consilient Restaurants sailing on ms Prinsendam Sept. 6 -- 20, Western Europe.

Ryan Hardy, executive chef of Little Nell in Aspen, Colo., sailing on ms Rotterdam Oct. 3 -- 17, Mediterranean.

Jacques Torres, master pastry chef and chocolatier, sailing on ms Oosterdam Oct. 17 -- Nov. 2, Transatlantic.

Maria Hines, executive chef of Tilth in Seattle, Wash., sailing on ms Zuiderdam Oct. 24 -- Nov. 3, Panama Canal.

They also have a culinary program for kids...



To learn more about the chefs and their biographies check out their Holland Americas website.
I think it may be time for me to go and apply for a job after all...what could be more fun than giving cooking lessons on a cruise ship!

If they won't take me, then Marc will just have to spring for the tickets, but he'll have to take Haris too!!!!

Bookmark and Share


1 comment:

  1. Haris can't go without his lovely wife :-D

    ReplyDelete